Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time for an update

Well, I have had a few requests to update my blog, but I am not sure what to update it with! Life has been really busy! I have been going to work during the day, then school at night. When I am not at those two places, you will find me writing papers, studying, or doing homework. It's just one thing after another! I am in desperate need of some stress management classes! If anybody has advice, please for the love of anything SHARE!!! Anyway, I have been able to squeeze a few fun things into the tight schedule.
My sister Laura came to visit from California, so I was able to hang out with her and play with Sydney a bit while they were here. Ian and I have opposite completely opposite schedules, so we practically never see each other, but we managed to get free tickets to the Angels and Airwaves concert a week ago, and went to that. That was my first time going with Ian to one of "his type" of concerts. It was a lot of fun and so good! We have been to Dave Matthews and The Fray (because he is so nice and buys me tickets!) , but those were completely just for my pleasure or something.


Anyway, I also have tried to relieve some stress by going shopping and spending money. I am trying to update my wardrobe for the spring!!! Speaking of spring, I have a goal to get out and start running again. Yesterday I got a REALLY good deal on some new shoes! My last running shoes made my toenails fall off, so I am hoping these ones will be better(especially since my toenails are almost back to normal) (This picture is for all of you who LOVE feet!)


My new shoes are Brooks Adrenaline GTS7. They normally cost between $95-$100/pair. Sunday I was looking through the ads, and Sports Authority had them on sale for $47.49! Judy, Ian's mom, runs in them, so she figured she might as well stock up, since they were basically half the price. Because of that, I spent over $100, and got to use a coupon for $25 off! So, for two pairs of shoes, I spent $70!!! WHAT A GOOD DEAL! It made my day! You can't even find that kind of deal on EBay!
Well, that is all for now!

7 comments:

Alison said...

I remember going shopping with you back in the good ol' days, that was fun. Not too shabby of shoes. I should get out and go walking more, walk off my pudge. It is annoying when the two of you both work AND have school AND have completely different schedules. It drives me up the wall! But someday that will change again and hopefully for the better.
I had troubles when starting my blog - what to write about. So Mary gave me some questions. Perhaps I'll pass them on to you. We want to know all about what you've been up to lately, even if it's stressful. Unburden a little of your stresses here. So, what is your job and do you like it? What are you majoring in, what classes are you taking for school, and do you like them?
Sorry for the unseemingly long comment :P

Katie said...

Nice shoes! :) Are you going to start running races again?

As to stress... just try not to procrastinate anything and try to even get ahead, then you may not feel like you're in 'survival mode'. It took me until grad school to learn that! It's pretty expensive advice, but I'll give it to you free! :) Also, here's more. Try to get things done at night. We learned on a show the other night that sleep actually plays a big part with learning, so make sure you study and get a good night rest. :) Love ya & Good LUCK!

Jade said...

Wow. That is quite the picture haha. The person sitting next to me thought so too. I have no advice for stress because I have a problem with it myself.But shopping and spending money sounds like a good way. You always manage to get the best deals! I wish you could come here shopping with me in Jerusalem!

kallina said...

Yay!!! I miss our bargain shopping days...Thats awesome you are goign to start running again! good luck with that.
I'm glad you found my blog!!! I was going to do the facebook thing but decided to do this instead. I'm kindof second guessing myself now after my last couple posts! i cant figure out how to do anything with it! ughhh! speaking of which, how do you add people to your page?

Laura said...

Good job finding a deal. That's the Bedke in you! :) It was very fun to hang out while I was there! Hope you are doing well! Oh-- for the stress part -- I've found that putting all my priorities in line works well. Make a list of all the things you need to do, and then put them in the order that they need to get done. I am giving the relief society lesson this Sunday and it's Elder Oak's talk on Good, Better, Best. Read it. It'll give you insight on that. Oh-- and as a sidenote. I found this "Stress Reliever" body wash by Johnson and Johnson. Smells good and seems to work pretty well! Ha! :)

Laura said...

Oh-- by the way, I've tagged you, so that will give you something to write about when you get a chance!

KRiSTiN said...

Thanks to all for your comments and advice!