Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekend Getaway

A few months ago my oldest sister BethAnn invited me to a scrapbooking retreat. I thought it sounded fun (even though I don't REALLY scrapbook) and committed to go.

Little did I know (at that time) that going with her was EXACTLY what I would need after the past couple of weeks!

Work has been nothing less than totally CRAZY the past month and a half or so. A few factors for the craziness include; a hiring/firing (which is another story for another time), the results of our distributorship growing substantially in the past few months, making up for others mistakes, leaving/coming home from vacation, etc. I hope I don't sound like a complainer---I do enjoy MY job and am very grateful for a stable job and good bosses!

But between work, school, and everything else life has been offering, things were getting STRESSFUL and a little OVERWHELMING!

So---last Friday I took a half day off work, and we (BethAnn, Amy (friend) and I ) headed up to Francis, UT to stay the weekend in a nice cabin, with a big group of scrapbooking ladies. We were the first of the group to arrive, other than Melissa (the amazing lady that put the whole thing together) quickly settled in, set up the tables, and got busy. We ate some yummy pizza for dinner, and soon found ourselves up at 3 a.m. , still going at it.

Saturday started early, and flew by fast. The whole day was so fun, but my most favorite part was going outside to enjoy a nice LONG walk in the WARM weather, with some fresh mountain air. It was SOOOO beautiful!

We ate homemade Cafe Rio that night and continued our projects late into the morning AGAIN!

Sunday we finished (or more like came to a stopping point) cleaned things up, and left in time to get back for church.

I left with such positive feelings of rejuvenation, optimism, and happiness. It was so fun to spend time with a good size group of good, neat ladies. It's been a LONG time since I have hung out with JUST girls, but we sure had a fun weekend together.

I did miss Ian---but it was fun to get away and do something different. It was also nice to spend time with my sister without the distractions that are normally present (Ian).

1 comment:

Laura said...

That sounds like an awesome getaway! Wish I could've come! :) I am glad you got a much-needed break!