Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A few ideas to share

This summer I have been pretty busy getting ready for Girl's camp, which is at the end of July. I have REALLY enjoyed my calling as Camp Director, and have been able to use my creative side a bit (as well as my cricut!)

Anyway, I thought I would share a few ideas with ya'all, in case you are or ever are in need of something fun to give/do for someone.


We decided we'd give our Young Women some "incentives" to go to camp, so one Sunday each month, since February, we went in to Young Women's and gave a little handout. It has worked so far! 14 of 20 girls will be at camp-at least they have committed up to this point!


February's "Incentive"(AKA BRIBE!) was DOVE chocolate hearts...I told them I would "love" for them to come to camp this summer.


March/April we gave them these "Save the Date" magnets-so they'd know and their parent's would know when camp is!


May we gave them some Yellow(which is our ward's color as far as the stake stuff goes) Old Navy flip flops, with a tag that said, "Don't be a flip-flop this summer, come to Camp!"


June for our Camp Kickoff/Sleepover, I made these invitations-our theme is western....inside the S'more bag I included a not that said, "To get s'more information on camp, and to have fun, come to the camp kickoff!"


Also, in June we will be handing out cans of Rootbeer with a tag that says, "We are "Sodalighted" you will be at camp!" or something to that affect.
I will post some more of our fun ideas later on!

"

No comments: