Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Cinco De Mayo...yesterday

Last night after work, we went over to our friend's house for some REAL authentic Mexican food to celebrate Cinco De Mayo. I always wonder why we celebrate the Mexican's independence...kind of strange, but none the less, I got to eat some amazing food! I wish I would have brought my camera, so you could've seen the food! It really was amazing! The menu consisted of tacos with all the fixins, 2 types of enchiladas, anaheim peppers that they roasted, jalepenos (for Ian), 7 layer bean dip and chips, and last but not least Horchata! yum! We had an enjoyable time, and stayed up until past midnight. Now I am tired. Hope you all had a good day!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Mmmmm, seven layer bean dip :P

Jade said...

That sounds yummy ... and you know how I like food.

Laura said...

Yum! We didn't celebrate it, so lucky you! Something interesting -- This couple I know are down in Mexico serving a mission as mission pres. Anyways, she said that Cinco de Mayo isn't even celebrated down there. CRAZY, huh? I guess it's just an American tradition? I don't know. I thought that was weird though!