Monday, May 24, 2010

A REALLY bad idea

So, in my last post I talked about my eating habits and changes I am making. Well, one of the biggest changes I have made is drinking a smoothie daily. But, while these may look just like any kind of smoothie, don't be fooled---they are MUCH different!

Anyway, my friend Kalli and I decided that we wanted to try another "flavor"---so last Saturday we spent a good part of the day, shopping at different stores throughout the valley to get all of the ingredients.

Sunday morning I woke up, so excited to try it. After quite the process of making it, it was finally finished and looked so tasty. It smelled good too!

Well, after taking this picture, I could hardly wait any longer and decided to take a big gulp. To my surprise it tasted AWFUL and made me want to throw up instantly! I finally convinced Ian to try it and he wanted to throw up too. I told him he needed to be supportive and cheer me on( I wanted to drink it because of its nutritional value & was feeling a little guilty about the money I spent on the dang thing!) Ian did a great job cheering me on---"Drink, Drink, Drink" but that didn't help at all! I forced myself to drink about a third of it, but could NOT do anymore. The rest of the day I got sick to my stomach when I thought about it, and still, a week later, shudder just thinking about that thing!

It was NOOOOOO good! I think I will stick to this one:
This picture makes it look much more appetizing then it looks in real life. Weird.
It's sooooo yummy! And soooooo good for you!

5 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

lol! You go girl! Hope that you have better luck with future smoothies. :)

Laura said...

Yes, better luck next time. Smoothies are so yummy (usually). That is a good idea. Maybe I should sign in under Gavin's name for another good laugh? :)

Charity Wheeler said...

I see the diet change is still going strong, haha, maybe i should learn about this diet...i ate chocolate cake for breakfast

kallina said...

Yeah the pink smoothie was quite a disappointment....you are brave to try and get so much down! Joel and I both quit after a few sips.....(shudder)....

Katie said...

Well... it DID look good. What did you put in it? I was going to ask how the diet changes are going, so this post was timely. Hopefully besides the smoothie fiasco, things are going well. :)