Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It's been fun this year to decorate my own house for Christmas! Although, it made me realize how many decorations I really don't have! In the apartment, two or three things filled it---but now with space....it's a little bit different!
I finally convinced Ian to get a FAKE tree this year, which I was very happy about! I wanted a tall one because of our have vaulted ceilings, so we went with this 9 footer. One of the things I LOVE MOST about the tree is that it is pre-lit!
I didn't realize didn't realize how much work decorating trees are until I got married and had my own to do.
I guess each year I set my expectations beyond my abilities, so every year when the tree is finished and looks stupid and not how I was hoping, I get this feeling of disappointment inside and can't wait to take it down. Isn't that horrible?
This year, my tree didn't turn out exactly how I anticipated it would, but it came pretty close I guess and will do.
What I dream of doing one day is to go buy a Festival of Trees tree--- pre-decorated, you know it will look good because you've seen it, all the work is done, and it'd be beautiful----maybe one day!
Okay, I will stop with this rambling pessimistic talk! :)
Hope you all are getting ready for Christmas....only 13 days left!!!!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Your tree looks cute! I really want to see your house :)

Okay, so I think you should TOTALLY do the class with me. It's in Salt Lake (1676 E. 1300 S) So it's kinda a ways out there is the only bad thing. The beginner class is on Mondays I think from 7-8. Anyway, it'd be fun!

We DO need to get together! And I agree- no sad movies.

Unknown said...

im still not so sure about the fake tree.... the tree looks reallll nice

Becca Bingham said...

How fun! You got a new house! I've been horrible at keeping up with others! I cannot wait until we get a house, but thats a ways away!

Alison said...

The cat seems to approve the new tree.

Ours isn't even decorated yet because 1/4 of the lights don't work - one trouble with accepting the in-laws old pre-lit tree. Wish they would've told us before we said "yay, free tree with lights!".

Now you've made me pessimistic! Hahaha!

kallina said...

Your tree is awesome! I love the darker colored ball things. I love the picture with your cat underneath, his eyes look like little lights! ummm yeah we haven't even bought a tree yet...not sure when that will happen :}.