Thursday, July 23, 2009

He came back and I left!

So, Ian did make it home, but my excuse is that I have not been to a computer that I could finish this post on. So now here's the run down of what we've been up to these past few weeks.

Ian made it home on a Thursday after a LONG day of driving and working, at about 2:30 a.m. (if I remember right). We saw each other for a little that night (30 mins or so). I woke up, went to work, came home from work and saw Ian as I packed to head to Vegas for a work meeting. So yeah, as soon as Ian got back, I left!

After an interesting plane ride (by myself for the first time), I arrived to Vegas, took a shuttle to our hotel (The Palazzo) and quickly got my stuff up to our room just in time to meet one of my boss' and a few co-workers for a show, the Blue Man group. It was pretty entertaining, that's for sure, and very random.

The next day we went to a very informative and productive meeting for the majority of the day. Afterwards, we headed out to the pool and practically melted in the 115 degree weather for a few hours. It was REALLY relaxing! After getting ready for the night, I attended what Biomet called a "product fair" at the Tao, and learned a lot from some of the sales reps I work with---I finally got to see ALL of the components of each joint, or at least the hips and knees. It was interesting to see how everything I deal with and bill for works together and what each part does.

Anyway, that night we went to Sushisamba for dinner. That was my first time at a "real" sushi place, and I am not going to lie, I am not as big of a fan as most seem to be. Some of the food was REALLY good, especially after I got past the raw fish part. It had good flavor and tasted good but boy was it pricy! Not to mention---I am WAY too uncoordinated to use chopsticks! After dinner, we walked around for awhile. I could hardly stay awake, and decided it was time for bed.

The next day, I woke up and barely made it to a wrap up meeting, did a little shopping, then went to catch my shuttle.

Ian came to pick me up from the airport and had brought me flowers and a huge bag of one of my favorite treats....peanut butter M&M's! I think he missed me a little....


After I unpacked my stuff, I went in our room to find the cat thinking he had a new bed. What a wierdo.

Oh yeah, and I need to mention that I did miss out on our tradition--- running in the Draper Days 5K and watching the parade. I was sad about that, but luckily Adam (my little bro) wasa willing to run the 5K for me to get my money's worth. He did it in like 22 mins, which is the best time I will ever have in my name!

I did make it home in time to see the fireworks. Our friends found the most perfect spot to watch them, right up close where they launch them. It was very enjoyable. Here are some pictures!


1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, that is so cute he gave you roses. I'm sure he TOTALLY missed you. And I like the cat in the suitcase. It reminds me of our cats and the weird places they have chosen to chill sometimes!