Sunday, June 28, 2009

One week down...

And hopefully only 3 (or so) more to go.

I made it through my first week with Ian gone to CO! It was a good week, and I only had a few mildly disastrous events take place. (I only say that because it seems like last year, a bunch of unusual and bizzaare things happened and I did NOT like the fact that I had to handle them by myself---I don't deal with that kind of stuff very well:)--like my exploding watermelon incident!)

Monday I came home to find ants all over our dresser in our bedroom. Apparently in the white box, which was thought to be a headlamp that wasn't opened, there was garbage from the race with food crumbs that attracted the ants!

But, on the positive side--I NEEDED to clean off our dresser badly, so it forced me to do it!


Sunday, I somehow threw my phone away. I couldn't find it anywhere and was stressing out about it because I KNEW it was somewhere in our apartment. Anyway, I went to throw a box away, and noticed the garbage was much heavier then just the eggshells that I'd thrown away earlier, and there it was....all gooey and everything! It worked for a little while, and then blew up. I think I need a new phone! Any ideas?

I am hoping to be productive this week, as I was last. I was able to help our friends paint, help my Grandmother clean, hung out with my family and Ian's, got a bunch of cleaning done around our apartment, mowed the lawn, ran three times, went shopping, and made rice crispy treats, brownies, and banana bread(for the first time and it was a success!)

4 comments:

kallina said...

I hate being home alone! I"m glad things are going pretty well so far! call me if you need company! I hate when bugs decide to take over the place. Our apt has recently been plagued by ear wigs.....sick!!! We seriously find like 5 just in the kitchen when we get up.

Laura said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you won't have any more exploding watermelon incidents... That sucks about your phone. Hope you can get it replaced! :) I thought about Ian today when I saw a TNT stand at Walmart! Hope he's doing well too. Sounds like you have been keeping busy! And hope it goes quickly!

Laura said...

Oh - By the way... I love your new background! Looks great!

Unknown said...

no facemelters please!