Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ian's BIG race

So, for all of you who may not know, Ian has gotten into a "sick habit" (as one of his running buddies described it---I thought that was a very fitting way to describe it) with trail running. Now, this is not your typical running. This is running up and down mountains--literally. He joined a few guys in our ward in this trail running stuff awhile ago and decided he really ENJOYS it.

So...guess what Ian did this weekend?!?!

Ian ran and FINISHED his first 50 mile race up Squaw Peak! (Yes, that is a 50, you aren't seeing things!) His goal was to do it in 13 hours, and he finished with a time of 12 hours and about 13 mins!

I am VERY proud of Ian and this HUGE accomplishment! As crazy as it sounds, it is very inspiring to see my husband run like this. He makes it seem so easy, but wow....I can't even begin to imagine what it may be like to run like that! Good Job Bay!

I was also SO happy (and relieved) to see that he was doing really well when he got to the finish line! I guess I was just a little paranoid that things would go terrible--but thankfully they didn't.

Here are a few pictures of him at the finish line.


Ian crossing the finish line with some of his running friends.


Enjoying some chicken after the race.

Feeling "real nice" at home---he is going to kill me :)

Air Force Show

We also went to the Air Show up at Hill Air Force Base. Despite the stormy weather, we really enjoyed ourselves and the Thunderbirds! They do some CRAZY stuff. It was WAY fun!


And as for my life lately...this is what you will find me doing when I am not at work...sitting on our couch at home with our fat cat. It's fun!

2 comments:

Laura said...

OH MY GOSH!!! CONGRATS to Ian! That is so amazing. Gavin and I read that and just about DIED thinking how long that is and how fast he did it! Amazing...

Dude and Karen said...

That is an absolutely amazing feat!! 50 miles?!?! Ian must be insane, but what a wonderful hobby to have.