Monday, November 15, 2010

We made it through the weekend

This weekend was SO busy and today I am feeling SO tired!
Friday after work, we spent the night shopping at Costco and a few other stores buying food and last minute things for the wedding. Saturday I woke up early (daylight savings has really messed me up) and later on that morning Draper had a 5K that we (Ian, Judy, my friend Jocelyn, and I) ran. There was a thanksgiving themed costume contest, so of COURSE Ian had to dress up---I decided to dress up as well. So, here is what we looked like:



And guess what----as a "team" Ian and I WON the grand prize for the costume contest, which was LOWER BOWL JAZZ TICKETS!!! I think Ian is the reason we won but hey...I am excited regardless!

Judy was 1st place in her division, and won a turkey. We also took home a turkey--thanks to our neighbors who each won one and didn't want 2 turkey's. We really enjoyed this race and will do it for years to come!

After the awesome run, we started getting things ready at the church, then before we knew it, it was time for the ceremony to begin. The ceremony was really nice. Afterwards, we took a few pictures then the reception began. The night was enjoyable, went well and things turned out great! Congratulations Hannah and Codie!

Thanks also to EVERYONE who helped out especially my Mom, Ken, Cheryl, and their girls, as well as my Grandmother!









In the background is the flower arrangement my grandmother and mom made---it was beautiful and everybody loved it!









Sunday did not slow down....I spent the morning getting my primary lesson ready, baking dessert for a fiesta party that night, went to church, taught 7 crazy and wild sunbeams, came home, went to the party at some friend's house, then spent the rest of the night visiting. We stayed up way too late, and tonight, I think I will be in bed at 9!

4 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Very creative costumes! Haha! How many different colored horses does Ian have? haha! Congrats on the prize.

Alison said...

Just what I was going to ask. How many of those horse costumes does Ian have?! Oh dear, such hilarity!

That lovely spread of veggies and dip is making me very hungry right now, thank you.

Laura said...

The decorations looked great, Kristin! You should go into wedding planning! :)
And I love your costumes. I never saw a good pic of Ian's Indian/horse costume. It's pretty crazy! :) You look cute, too! I like the last pic of you and Ian -- your hair looks really pretty!
Miss you!

Laura said...

Um, I'm thinking your blog needs an update!!! :)