Sunday, September 26, 2010

Painting Project #1

When Ian and I bought our house (it's almost been a year now, can you believe it?!?! I can't!!!), we had a few plans and ideas of what we wanted to do differently with a few of the rooms/areas. One of those ideas was to paint our front room (AKA "The Gay Room"--thanks Ian:)) and entry way.

We finally (after a couple of months-yes we are both VERY INDECISIVE when it comes to this sort of thing) decided on a color we both liked and bought the paint. And last Saturday we put our painting skills (along with a LONG days worth of work) to the test, and this is what we came out with.


Before


After

Before

After

Before

After

After

After

I am very satisfied with the outcome. We wanted a darker color, that was neutral, that would be a nice contrast with the white trim and fireplace, yet one that would go with our carpet, tile on the fireplace, and black furniture. I think we chose a good one? The color is called "Resort Tan"--and it is crazy how different it looks in different lighting. My favorite time of the day, when the color looks its very best, is between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. The after pictures were all taken in the middle of the day. It is almost like having 3 colors of rooms at the different times of days, which keeps it from being boring, that's for sure!

What do you think? And be HONEST!

Painting Project #1...almost done.

Painting Project #2...master bedroom next Saturday during conference.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Whoa Kristin! I think it looks really good. I hope you like it too. You know what's funny? I've been testing out paint colors on my walls too and we're going to paint within the next month or so... just a room, but still. We must be on the same page. :) Have fun painting the next room.

Becca Bingham said...

Looks great! It really added to the room I think! Way to go!

kallina said...

ooooo I love it! You guys have the best taste! It looks awesome!

Jamie said...

i love it! it goes great with your furniture too. good choice, and good luck with the master bedroom.

Charity Wheeler said...

It looks amazing! And I'm going to have to agree with you, it looks it's best between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. :)

Laura said...

Love it, Kristin. I've been meaning to comment since I saw the post a few days ago. I love how much contrast it gives the room. And it really makes it feel updated and fresh! Good job! Good luck on your next painting fling this weekend!

Alison said...

Wow! You're house is gorgeous!