Thursday, June 3, 2010

5 years ago today...

...Laura(my sister) and Gavin got married. Happy Anniversary!

And I was really tired...
because 5 years ago last night I returned home from Russia! I am so grateful that I was able to go to Russia and to have ALL of the experiences I was able to have. Looking back, it seems like that was the perfect thing I did at that time of my life. Those months, living away from home on the other side of the world at such a young, yet crucial age, helped me grow in so many different ways. I would never trade that time of my life for ANYTHING!

Here are SOME pictures (I know, there are TONS!) of my some of my favorite people, experiences, and memories from 5 years ago! Wow--time has flown! Enjoy!

Good Times

Church and wonderful people we met

Some of my favorite places to visit

Travels
My Family and their house

My Students and the school
Good Food---ha ha..
My room

5 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Oh my that was so fun to look at all those picture! I cannot believe it has been 5 years. I remember our trip back together and how we tried to stay up late to get our bodies adjusted. Thanks for this post it was so great to remember all the crazy fun we had. I loved the one with you and Meredith and your nice hair cuts! It really was a lot of fun!

Katie said...

That was fun to see. I remember some of those pics and they made me laugh... not because they're funny, but to remember my thoughts as well as some of your descriptions and reactions as we looked at them. :) Wow! 5 years already!

Meredith said...

Love it! That brought back SUCH good memories!! haha I was actually thinking just last night about how I should do a post about Russia, since its been 5 years! I thought you gave me all of your pics, but I swear I don't have some of those!!

By the way... did you get my email about Tuesday? I'd love to see you guys!

Gavin said...

5 years sure went fast! :) I remember how tired you were... what a mean sister for getting married the day after you got back! Russia was sure a great experience. I had fun looking at your pics -- and like Katie, remember your reactions and descriptions. :)

Gavin said...

Ok, sorry again for posting as "Gavin" -- although it does get a good laugh! :)